WHAT IS PASSPROTECT ?
PassProtect is an insurance product which reimburses your unused ski pass following an accident, illness or unfavourable weather conditions.
WHAT IS SKICARE ?
SkiCare is a subsidiary insurance product which covers costs generated by an accident on the ski run.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SKICARE AND PASSPROTECT ?
SkiCare is an assistance and ski pass cover insurance; PassProtect covers only the ski pass and the linked charges (skiing lessons and skiing equipment).
HOW CAN YOU PURCHASE THESE INSURANCES ?
Our products can be purchased along with the ski pass.
WHO IS INSURED ?
The owner of a ski pass with inscription « PassProtect » or « SkiCare » or the holder of a purchase receipt of the insurance.
IS IT NECESSARY TO COMPLETE AN INSURANCE CONTRACT ?
No, the ski pass or the purchase receipt serves as a proof to the payment of the premium.
FOR HOW LONG ?
For the duration of the validity of the ski pass or the purchase receipt.
WHAT IS NECESSARY FOR THE INSURANCE TO BE VALID ?
The accident must occur on the opened runs, associated with the ski pass. You must call the emergency rescue team on the ski run.
IS SKICARE ONLY FOR SKIERS ?
No. SkiCare insures any person who has an accident on the run, including walker and hikers.
HOW MUCH DOES SKICARE COST FOR A GROUP ?
Send us a request and we will make you an offer per e-mail.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT ?
- Ask for emergency rescue on the ski run. We want a proof that the accident took place on the runs.
- Contact us within the 10 days following the accident either through email or telephone.
- Declare your accident with your Social Security or with the KVG. SkiCare being subsidiary, we will refund only what your insurance does not pay according to our general insurance conditions.
All Europeans are in possession of an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) which makes it possible to benefit from the assumption of responsibility of medical treatments necessary at the time of a stay out of his country.
HOW TO CONTACT US ?
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com ;
- Call us on +41 26 425 81 20 ;
- Via the contact form ;
- Declare an accident online.
WHAT ARE THE PRINCIPAL EXCLUSIONS ?
- Skiing outside of the marked ski runs.
- Skiing incorrectly and dangerously.
- Skiing under the influence of alcohol or drug.
HOW DO WE CALCULATE THE REIMBURSEMENT AMOUNT OF A SKI PASS ?
If a 5-day ski pass at the cost of CHF 200.00 has not been used for 3 days, we will refund 3/5 of the amount, which is CHF 120.00.
For seasonal ski pass, we do the same calculation. Otherwise the duration of the season is different in each station. If the station is open between December 1st and March 31th (for an accident that occurs December 31th), we will reimburse 91/122 of the ski pass price.
It's important to know that the date of the accident or illness won't be reimburse if the ski pass was used on that day.